Cissus Quadrangularis is said to cause an increase in collagen production and support healthy joints. One of the primary effects of Cissus is thought to be an increase in collagen turnover, so with increased synthesis & replacement you could expect a quicker recovery from injuries caused by overuse, and from cartilage & tendon repair. Cissus also inhibits cortisol from breaking down muscle and bone when our bodies are under stress. Additionally Cissus has been know to assist with pain management.
Cissus DOES NOT TEST under any sanction of testing for associations or racing commissions.
1- 4 gram scoop twice a day
Cissus Quadrangularis 5%
Cissus quadrangularis has been used for obesity, diabetes, a cluster of heart risk factors and high cholesterol. Cissus assists with bone fractures, weak bones (osteoporosis), scurvy, upset stomach, ulcers, painful menstrual periods, asthma, malaria, and pain. Cissus quadrangularis is used in body building as an alternative to anabolic steroids.
- Added to the regimen... Review by Amanda
- When combined with the Detox this has helped my horses so much. My AQHA gelding used to pop and crack in his joints all the, like an old man, and he is only twelve. I started him on Cissus along with the Detox, no more popping and cracking! I also give Cissus to my senior horses, helps keep their legs and joints in great shape! (Posted on 11/18/15)
- Amazing for horses after surgery Review by Laura
We've been feeding this for 90 days after surgery in all horses we've operated on!
This product has been amazing for us! We have seen fast healing and horses entering training faster with this product after surgery! (Posted on 10/14/15)
- Absolutely AMAZING! Review by Maggie
- I have used this on 4 different horses with outstanding results. Horse 1: has an old tendon injury that caused his flexor tendon to shorten. While on the cissus he stumbles less and moves out in a longer stride. Horse 2: got an infected tendon sheeth 1 year and 3 months ago. The vet gave him a very low chance of ever being sound again and he isn't UNLESS he's on cissus. Without cissus his ankle swells and he limps badly at a trot. While taking cissus he has no limp and the swelling goes down completely. I just wish we would have put him on it when the injury occured and it would have healed correctly. Horse 3: old injury in his right shoulder. Gets sore after hard workouts and is lame for a few days after. On cissus he doesn't get sore and can keep up with the younger horses in quadrille. Horse 4: bad arthritis in his knee. He's just an old trail horse but he couldn't even go half a mile without limping and would only walk(while limping) up to get his feed. On cissus he RUNS up to get his feed and can be rode for miles with absolutely no soreness or limp! My mom and I both take this for our painful menstrual cycles and we never have cramps anymore. My dad has taken it for his arthritis and my friends mom takes it for her hip(has some nerve problems and arthritis) and it has helped them both be pain free! Thank you Animal Element for introducing such an amazing affordable product to the horse world! My horses wouldn't be able to compete without it! (Posted on 4/4/15)
- Bringing back my injured stallion Review by Ginger
My stallion strained or tore muscles in his right shoulder a little over a year ago. This side lined him for competition. I already had him on Detox. I added in cissus at recommended dose of 1 scoop am/pm and upped his detox to 2 scoops again a./pm. In just a few weeks he was ready for light riding! Over time he's just continued to get better and better. We finally ran again last August at a local race and he didn't show signs of being sore after running!!!!
He loves Animal Element!
I believe completely in Animal Element and the products! (Posted on 11/25/14)