Acetyl L-Carnitine (ALCAR) is an acetylated form of L-carnitine, derived from the amino acids L-lysine and L-methionine. Alcar is naturally produced in the liver and kidneys. ALCAR and L-Carnitine are used in the human body in the catabolism and transport of fatty acids within mitochondria. Additionally, ALCAR is able to enter the central nervous system, where it acts as a powerful antioxidant. In these ways, ALCAR and L-Carnitine are supportive of energy metabolism and the nervous system. *NOTE: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Acetyl-L-carnitine is an amino acid (a building block for proteins) that is naturally produced in the body. It helps the body produce energy. Alcar is important for heart and brain function, muscle movement, and many other body processes. It assists with issues concerning EPM, increases reaction times,and improves mental clearity.
1- 3 gram scoop per day
Acetyl L-Carnitine known as (ALCAR)
- Alcar-EPM Review by Alison
- Have a epm horse, he exhibits very dangerous bouts of pulling back and flipping over while tied with no advance notice. Also shakes his head and bites his teeth when saddling. I treated with an expensive product from TX, there was not difference in the horse. I put the horse on Alcar and have gotten amazing results. He no longer shakes his head or bites his teeth and he has not pulled back not one time. We were doing to either euthanize or turn this horse out do to the severity of danger. He is now tracking the dummy and will be a rope horse. Alcar saved his life!!!!! (Posted on 5/12/16)
- Highly Recommend! Review by Sheri
Great for EPM issues etc.. I routinely will give to my horses early spring especially after been on hay thru the winter.. It is the final boost needed..
Just got in a rescue mare and started her on Detox etc..After about 2 months I knew she needed something extra.. I then started her on the Alcar..What a difference.. she shed out the last of the quirky hair, the spookiness was gone and the dapples appeared! (Posted on 4/19/16)
- works great! Review by Sheresa
- I have a gelding that was neurologic from EPM we added this to his diet and it helped tremendously. (Posted on 9/1/15)
- it's working! Review by Holly
- We are giving this to an older horse that we have treated for EPM. He was showing signs again and had stopped eating.After a couple of weeks he has started eating again and symptoms of EPM are getting better. (Posted on 5/8/15)